Monday, August 8, 2011

It's Monday, What Are You Reading?

"Guess who's back (back, back)?
Back again ('gain, 'gain).
Gabe is back (back, back).
Tell a friend (friend, friend)."

That's right, boys and girls. I'm actually posting something. Please, please, hold your applause.

July was an insanely crappy month in which I barely did anything on this blog and ended up not meeting any of my challenge goals...at all. Here's hoping August is a *lot* better.

So, it's Monday and, for the first time in way too long, that means it's time for "It's Monday! What Are You Reading?," hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. I can once again tell you all what I've been reading, what I am reading, and what I will be reading.

What I Read Last Week:

-On a Pale Horse by Piers Anthony (review posted tomorrow)

What I'm Reading Now:

-Failed States by Noam Chomsky
-Dark Road to Darjeeling by Deanna Raybourn

What I'm Reading This Week:

-Perelandra by C.S. Lewis
-Where do Comedians Go When They Die?: Journeys of a Stand-Up by Milton Jones
-Incarceron by Catherine Fisher
-Bossypants by Tina Fey

If I get a chance to work on my blog tomorrow (meaning: if I get a chance to get to the library), I'll be updating some stuff that hasn't been updated in several weeks...if not longer.

Look for my review of On a Pale Horse tomorrow!

-Gabe

10 comments:

  1. Welcome back Gabriel!! Pale horse, is that the novel with the Zane character. Death, satan, evil, incarnation, etc...is it part of a series? I think I recall hearing a librarian discussing this book at a book club. can't wait to read your review. again WELCOME BACK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yes, that is the very book I'm talking about. I just finished my review and it's scheduled to be posted at 8 AM tomorrow.

    It's good to be back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! Failed States was quite good. Enjoy your books and your week.
    My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/08/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-51.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have a fantastic August. I like Dark Road to Darjeeling. I just got the next installment in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! Bossypants was a great book, so was Incarceron. Have a fun blog-filled week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, welcome back! Great selection of books. I have always wondered about the Peirs Anthony books ever since I got into sci fi and fantasy so I look forward to your review.

    Guess who finally bought a Deanna Raybourn book? Bossypants looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back. I've been so busy having fun with my kids and doing homework, that I've hardly taken any time to read. Come see what I did finish and why I'll be reading even less this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back! Looking forward to upcoming reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jennifer: Thanks, you too! I'm enjoying Failed States but I'm taking it slow as it's for a research project I'm currently engaged in. I may or may not review it; I'm not sure.

    Nise': I finally grabbed a copy of The Dark Enquiry. Deanna Raybourn has become my favorite female contemporary writer.

    Booking It: Thanks! It feels so nice to be back again. The last several weeks have been so hectic but now that my work schedule has changed, I should have more of an opportunity to read/blog.

    Karen: Thanks! I've only read the one Piers Anthony book. I've heard that his work sort of fell off and became routine and predictable after a while, but I loved On a Pale Horse. Also, I hope you love Deanna Raybourn. She's such an amazing author and my goal is to get everyone addicted to her novels. :)

    pussreboots: It's good to be back. I know exactly how you feel. My last few weeks have been so much busier than I had expected them to be. I saw that you read That Day in September. I'll be reviewing Van Why's book as well. I'm looking forward to it.

    Jo: Thanks! And thanks for all of the great suggestions. :)

    ReplyDelete