Monday, October 24, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday, which means it's time for It's Monday! What Are You Reading? hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. This weekly feature gives book bloggers the opportunity to share what they read the week before, what they're currently reading, and what they'll be reading during the coming week.

Now that I'm somewhat back in the swing of things, I've decided to try to pick up most of the memes I'd abandoned in the computer-less/internet-less limbo that has been the last few months of my life. As I'm still sans-internet (unless I pop down to the library), I may not be able to post every meme every week, but I'll do the best I can.

What I Read Last Week:
-The Dark Enquiry by Deanna Raybourn














-2030: The Real Story of What Happens to America by Albert Brooks













-House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski













What I'm Currently Reading:
-The Culture of Fear: Why Americans Are Afraid of the Wrong Things by Barry Glassner













What I'm Reading This Week:
-Witches Abroad by Terry Pratchett













-Everything Is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer













-Tales of Mystery and Imagination by Edgar Allan Poe (Illustrated by Arthur Rackham)













Upcoming Reviews: (although not necessarily this week...)

-2030: The Real Story of What Happens to America by Albert Brooks
-Bias: A CBS Insider Exposes How the Media Distort the News by Barry Goldberg
-The Conscience of a Conservative by Barry Goldwater
-The Conscience of a Liberal by Paul Krugman
-The Dark Enquiry by Deanna Raybourn
-The End of Nature by Bill McKibben
-Field Notes from a Catastrophe by Elizabeth Kolbert
-House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski
-Kingdom Coming: The Rise of Christian Nationalism by Michelle Goldberg
-The Sign of the Four by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
-A Study in Scarlet by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
-Wonder Boys by Michael Chabon

-Gabe

3 comments:

  1. Oh you're back! Hurrah! I've been super busy so sorry if I didn't notice earlier, been using that mark all as read button far too much recently.

    I can barely remember the early Discworld books but that means they'll be a nice surprise when I find time for re-reads. Read the latest this weekend and loved it, though it's definitely more the style of the newest ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of great books there. I finally read the Deanna Raybourn a few weeks ago and enjoyed it. Will definitely read more by her so thanks for the suggestion.

    Look forward to seeing your reviews of House of Leaves and A study in Scarlet. Have Michael Chabon's Wonder Boys in my tbr pile. Looking forward to that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ellie: 'Tis true! I have returned. I'm thinking I should probably take out some billboards to announce that I'm blogging again. I don't think a lot of people have realized it yet.

    I'm actually planning on rereading the first Discworld book I ever read (Interesting Times) before the end of the year. I like the new ones and the oldest ones aren't too bad, but it's the books in the middle of the series that I think are his best (although I frakking love Going Postal).

    I have read the newest one but I'm really looking forward to it. When I can get a copy I'll be reviewing it.

    Karen: I saw your review. :) You're very welcome. There are very few authors that I would recommend to everyone I meet, but she's one of them.

    Wonder Boys was such a great book and I loved the movie, too. I'll be reviewing House of Leaves this week, but I think Doyle's book will have to wait until next month.

    I'm looking forward to getting back into reading other people's blogs. Yours is one of the few I've managed to comment on in the last few weeks.

    ReplyDelete