Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the girls over at The Broke and the Bookish. Every week they post a prompt and ask book bloggers to answer that prompt in the form of a top ten list.

This week's prompt is: Top Ten Favorite Authors in X Genre

This prompt is a bit hard for me to answer because my reading tastes are so eclectic that I don't read too much of a single genre often enough and unless I REALLY like someone's writing style, I don't read everything an author has written. In an attempt to answer this, I offer my list of ten authors that have written fantasy novels that I could read over and over again.

1) Terry Pratchett, Discworld; Good Omens

2) Neil Gaiman, American Gods; Good Omens; Neverwhere, etc.

3) Clive Barker, Imajica; Weaveworld

4) Derek Landy, Skulduggery Pleasant

5) J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter

6) Michael Ende, The Never-ending Story

7) Madeleine L'Engle, A Wrinkle in Time, A Swiftly Tilting Planet, etc.

8) C. S. Lewis, The Space Trilogy, The Screwtape Letters

9) Brian Jacques, Redwall

10) Okay, so there is no ten. I obviously need to read more fantasy. There. I said it.

-Gabe

No comments:

Post a Comment