Thursday, November 1, 2012

Book Sale Finds!

Over the weekend, Don and I went to a book sale at one of the local libraries. I've mentioned before that, in the process of moving in with him, I donated almost 200 books to the library that I work at. There simply wasn't room for all of them where we're currently living. When I finally agreed with his suggestion that I start blogging again, I told him one very important thing: "If I start buying books again, it's all your fault." I can't blog without books to read and most of what's on my shelf is books that I've already read (although I'll admit that most of them were read long ago and that I haven't reviewed very many of them for this blog). I bought quite a lot of books at the sale on Friday but he can't say that I didn't warn him.

So, what did I get at the book sale (i.e., what can you expect me to eventually review)?

-Becoming Madame Mao by Anchee Min
-A Brilliant Novel in the Works by Yuvi Zalkow
-Café Tempest: Adventures on a Small Greek Island by Barbara Bonfigli
-Cat's Eye by Margaret Atwood
-The Dinosaur Hunter by Homer Hickam
-The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde
-Foop by Chris Genoa
-The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson
-Ghostwalk by Rebeccca Stott
-The Golems of Gotham by Thane Rosenbaum
-The Imperfectionists by Tom Rachman
-Kissing Manhattan by David Schickler
-The Language of Trees by Ilie Ruby
-Matched by Ally Condie
-A Short History of Women by Kate Walbert
-Skinny by Diana Spechler
-Stravaganza: City of Stars by Mary Hoffman
-Super Sad True Love Story by Gary Shteyngart
-When the Killing's Done by T. C. Boyle
-The World According to Garp by John Irving

These 20 books, as well as 3 books for Don, only cost us $24. It was pretty much the greatest thing ever.

-Gabe

1 comment:

  1. Library book sales are the BEST. Simply the best! Congrats on your awesome haul!

    ReplyDelete