Monday, April 25, 2011

30 Day Book Challenge: Day Eight

So Many Books, So Little Time is hosting the 30 Day Book Challenge. Each day for 30 days I'll be answering one question about books.

Day Eight: The book you can quote best

At first I was going to say that I didn't know how to answer this because I didn't think I could quote any books. And then I realized that I was being a moron because there's one book that I have quoted ad naseum since I first read it: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams, meaning the first book in the series, not the entire thing.

Words of wisdom from Mr. Adams.

I have several friends who are just as in love with this book as I am and we used to quote it to each other when we were undergraduates. I think two of my favorite quotes are:

-"If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now." -Zaphod
-"This must be Thursday," said Arthur to himself, sinking low over his beer. "I never could get the hang of Thursdays." 
______________________

I got home really late on Sunday and was too tired to write a review for The Invention of Hugo Cabret but I promise it'll be posted later today. Tuesday morning at the latest. 

-Gabe

5 comments:

  1. God how I loved the Hitchhiker books. Thank you for reminding me. Love the Thursday quote.
    http://kafkatokindergarten.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is another one of those books that I am ashamed to never have read. I'll get around to it, I'm sure. So many books; so little time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CHE: I didn't read them until I was in college and I feel like I missed out on several more years of extreme fandom.

    Dorothy A: I agree. The To Be Read list page on this blog doesn't even begin to cover my actual TBR pile. I've just been too daunted to attempt to create an actual full TBR list. Highly recommend these books, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha. The ego one is hilarious. I desperately want to say it to everyone now. :] Well, I guess I'll have to read it now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, please do. I love bringing new minions into the fold. :D

    ReplyDelete