Friday, April 15, 2011

Book Blogger Hop!

Book Blogger Hop

Jennifer at Crazy for Books is once again hosting the Book Blogger Hop. Every week a question is asked and hundreds of book bloggers answer it.

This week's question is: Pick a character from a book you are currently reading or have just finished reading and tell us about him/her.

My answer: Since the book I'm currently reading is non-fiction, I'll be picking a character from Mortal Coil, the book I just finished. (I know, I know, you're all sick of hearing about Skulduggery Pleasant. Don't kill me.)

Solomon Wreath is a really random character for me to talk about which is why I picked him. He's a necromancer who feels that Valkyrie Cain, although currently learning Elemental magic, could be really good at necromancy. So good, in fact, that he offers to give her lessons. Little does she know that he's actually hoping that she is the Death Bringer, the savior of the necromancers' religion. If this is the case, Valkyrie would be the one to save the world from itself. Solomon is an interesting character and I wish that he was used a bit more in the series. He's not evil, he's not good, he's just sort of neutral. His whereabouts are unknown at the end of Mortal Coil which means that he'll probably turn up in the next book doing something awesome.
________________

I'm going to count this as my "morning post" because I haven't gotten very far into my current book and I don't really have anything else to write about. So, sorry, but for the first time ever there will not be a pre-scheduled 8 am post. :(

I have good news though: I finally tracked down a copy of Clive Barker's Imajica. I couldn't find it in a bookstore for the longest time (Barnes and Noble never has it, that's for sure) but there it was on the shelf at one of my local Borders. It was pretty much fate. It's an 800 page book so I don't know if I'll be able to fit it into my reading schedule anytime soon, but since I've already read it and it can count as a sort of horror novel, I might use it as my Reread of the Month for October. We'll see.

Also, I'm not sure that I'll be doing another strictly non-fiction theme again. Fiction is so much quicker to read and April, which is the last month of the semester and therefore the busiest, was such a bad month to pick for a non-fiction theme. I'm really tempted to cut a few books off of the list this month (as in, the two that I'm supposed to be reading by the end of this week that aren't going to happen) just to make it easier for me. I still have eight books to read by the end of the month and I'm not sure I'm going to get through all of them. I'll be making the final decision by tomorrow, I think. I'll still be reading non-fiction, just maybe not an entire month of it. Or maybe I just shouldn't have scheduled eleven books for the busiest month of my life. Hmm, yeah, that's probably it.

-Gabe

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have some good reading ahead of you --- although a lot of reading, to be sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stopping by via the hop! I am your newest follower :) Nice to meet you!

    Rachel
    And the plot thickens...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the follow! I followed back. I love the name of your blog. It's nice to meet you, too. :)

    ReplyDelete