Monday, April 18, 2011

It's Monday; What Are You Reading?












Sheila at Book Journey hosts "It's Monday! What Are You Reading?" every week. It's a chance for bloggers to post what they read the week before and what they're planning on reading for the current week.

What I Read Last Week: 
For those of you who follow my blog on a regular basis, you'll know that last week I gave into my unhealthy obsession with Derek Landy's Skulduggery Pleasant series. You'll also know that I didn't get around to reading the books that I was supposed to read for my monthly theme and that I've decided to take those two off the schedule period. So, while I did finish three books I also failed miserably in terms of reaching my weekly goal.

-Skulduggery Pleasant: The Faceless Ones by Derek Landy












-Skulduggery Pleasant: Dark Days by Derek Landy












-Skulduggery Pleasant: Mortal Coil by Derek Landy













What I'm Reading This Week:
-The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman












-Good Without God: What a Billion Nonreligious People Do Believe by Greg M. Epstein












-God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything by Christopher Hitchens












-Gabe

9 comments:

  1. You did better than me. I managed to read a short easy read last week and a small dent in the Passage. Just didn't have time sadly.

    Hope you enjoy the Graveyard Book. Not as good as skulduggery I'm afraid but still enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Passage is a time-consuming book. It's completely understandable. :)

    I'm hoping I enjoy it, too. There's only one Neil Gaiman book I've read that I didn't like and that was Stardust. The movie is incredible but the novel, especially its lackluster ending, just wasn't his best work. I'm pretty sure it was his first, although I'm not sure, so that could explain it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christopher Hitchens! Ugh, I'm so disappointed...

    :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOH The Graveyard book... still on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nonners: I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm really going to hate that book. The title piqued my interest but I'm guessing it's probably an insensitive, hateful rant based entirely on his own opinion.

    Sheila: I'm stuck on the first chapter because I have a ridiculous project due on Wednesday. I'm hoping to have it done soon though. Neil Gaiman books are too good to put down for too long.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha.Okay, your off the hook this time. And what's this project about?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to interview someone from a culture other than my own and then write a paper and give an oral presentation about it. Normally I would love this kind of a project...except that I thought it was due next week so I'm scrambling to get it done. The interview portion is finished but I have, like, two days to do the rest of it. This is what I get for not paying attention to the syllabus.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that sounds like so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've read The Graveyard Book twice and loved it both times. I'm reading a mixture of homework and manga this week. Come see what I'm reading.

    ReplyDelete