Saturday, March 26, 2011

And the Award Goes to...

Me. Thanks to Nonners at Ridiculous Reviews who awarded me the Stylish Blogger Award. She was one of my first followers and has been a frequent commenter on my site, which already makes her awesome in my mind. She just did a redesign and it looks great. You should definitely go check out her blog and follow her as well.


As the recipient of this award, I have to link to the person who awarded it to me (Nonners), post seven things about myself, and then pass the award on to seven other bloggers.

Seven Factoids about Gabriel:

  1. I am a giant history nerd, specifically ancient Greek history. In fact, I consider The Landmark Thucydides to be one of my top ten favorite books of all time.
  2. I name my pets after book and television characters. At one time I had a fish named Severus Snape (Harry Potter), one named Michael Vaughn and one named Sydney Bristow (Alias), and a cat named Selmak (Stargate SG-1). Currently I have a cat named Teyla (Stargate: Atlantis).
  3. I am fascinated by the anthropomorphic personification of Death and/or Grim Reapers (e.g. Discworld, Dead Like Me, etc.). 
  4. I once wrote a novel in two weeks. I then spent over a year and a half editing it. It's probably the biggest piece of crap that I've ever written and I will never, ever publish it. 
  5. I love sushi and Chinese food, but mostly I just like eating with chopsticks. I get cravings to use them from time to time.
  6. I'm a theater geek, especially musical theater. My favorite musicals/musical movies are Sweeney Todd, Les Miserables, and Reefer Madness. I've seen three shows on Broadway: Hairspray, Les Mis, and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels.
  7. I organize my bookshelves by Dewey Decimal.
And now, the seven blogs I'm awarding (in no particular order):
  1. The Perpetual Page-Turner
  2. The Little Bookworm
  3. A Muggle's Magical Book Blog (formerly Quick Quotes Quills)
  4. BookHounds
  5. Crazy-for-Books
  6. Fluidity of Time
  7. Reading Without Restraint
Go and check these blogs out. They're definitely worth reading. 

-Gabe

3 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks ever so much for giving me this award! I'm awful at keeping up with awards .... but it's nice that you thought of me. :)

    Liked learning about you -- I also find personifications of Death to be interesting (totally love Dead Like Me). You should try On a Pale Horse by Piers Armstrong, if you haven't read that on already.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Jo. :)

    I've never heard of that book but now I kind of want to track down a copy. Glad to know I'm not the only one who's weird. :)

    ReplyDelete