Saturday, March 12, 2011

Dysptopian Films

I was doing some research today on a possible future post about whether or not Lord of the Flies should be considered a dystopian novel, when I came across this. It's a blog addressing the topic of dystopian films and it includes a pretty big list of them as well as commentary on some of them.

Here's my list of films that I've seen from this list:
  • A Clockwork Orange
  • Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
  • Brazil
  • The Truman Show
  • The Matrix
  • V for Vendetta 
  • WALL-E
I'll definitely be checking out more of the films and may possibly even review a few of them for this month. It'll depend, I think, on whether or not I run out of things to talk about in between book reviews. :)

For now, which of these films have you seen? Are there others that the author doesn't mention that you think should go on this list? And for the ones that are based off of books that you've read, how successful were these films at recreating the worlds introduced in these books? 

-Gabe

3 comments:

  1. Hmn, I've watched WALL-E, V for Vendetta, The Matrix and Star Wars Episode V. I haven't even heard of the others...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen all of the ones right here that you listed, some of them more than once. Also read Clockwork Orange (would definitely recommend reading it, if you haven't). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Clockwork Orange. I read the book first (in fact, it's my Reread of the Month for the month of May) and then saw the movie and I found both to be incredible.

    ReplyDelete