Sunday, March 13, 2011

And Now for Something Completely Different

As you may or may not have noticed, I'm keeping track on the sidebar of which book I am currently reading and which books I'll be reading next. Anyone looking at the Currently Reading book might be scratching their heads and going, "Huh? Redwall isn't dystopian or post-apocalyptic." They'd be right.

I just found out yesterday that Brian Jacques, the author of the Redwall books, died this past month. I never read the entire series, but when I was in middle school I devoured at least the first four or five. He was a gifted writer who will be sorely missed.

In honor of Brian Jacques, and as a detour from all the doom and gloom, I will be rereading and reviewing Redwall, the first book in the series.

If anyone has any fond memories of reading Jacques' books I would love, as always, to hear about them in the comments.

-Gabe

2 comments:

  1. I found one of his books in a yard sale and loved it. I heard he died from an author who I had interviewed. He did a post on it as well, I think he has the best picture ever...

    Here's the link:

    http://jonathan-rogers.com/?p=1139

    ReplyDelete