Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Terry Pratchett + Neil Gaiman + Terry Jones = ?

A Good Omens movie, that's what. Actually, according to this article that I found on Neil Gaiman's blog, it's a four part television series. I don't care what it is, I'm excited.

I wish I could be half as awesome as these guys.
Terry Pratchett (left) and Neil Gaiman (right)

Fans of the book have heard rumors for ages that there would eventually be a film. There were apparently talks at one point to have Johnny Depp and Robin Williams play Crowley and Aziraphale (okay, yes to the first one and absolutely not to the second) in the possible-but-not-very-likely film adaptation. I'm not sure who will be cast in this version of it but I'm anxious to see it.

Terry Jones, of Monty Python fame, is scripting the adaptation along with Gavin Scott (whoever he is).

Terry Jones (left) learns all about flying sheep from Graham Chapman.

I'm sure that if this actually goes through you'll be hearing me gush about it in the future. Updates will be posted as they're made available.

-Gabe

1 comment:

  1. I've never read the book, but maybe I should give it a try. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Somer @ A Bird's Eye Review

    ReplyDelete