Friday, March 18, 2011

Book Blogger Hop II

Book Blogger Hop

Once again it's Friday, which means it's time for the Book Blogger Hop, hosted by Jennifer at Crazy for Books. Every Friday, dozens of book bloggers answer the same question. This week's question is:

Do you read only one book at a time, or do you have several going at once?

My answer: I used to read multiple books at one time. I think at one point in middle school I was reading seven or eight at once. Now, however, I tend to only read one at a time, especially now that I'm doing this blog. I like to be able to focus my attention in one place so that my reviews are more coherent and in depth. Plus, with my busy schedule, finding time to read one book is often a miracle. I couldn't imagine what it would be like trying to juggle eight!

If you're stopping over at Jennifer's site today, don't forget to check out the other blogs who are participating in today's blog hop.

A note regarding this blog: Right now I'm reading Nabokov's Bend Sinister. I flew through Lolita in about a day and a half, but this book is proving difficult to get through. I'm hoping to have it read and reviewed by Saturday, especially because I have several more books that I want to get through before the month is over. If my book-related posts seem few and far between the next few days, this is why. My goal is to review a dystopian film that I borrowed from the library by tomorrow or the next day, so stay tuned for that.

As always, I'd love to hear from you in the comments. What are you currently reading? How did your St. Patrick's Day go?

-Gabe

5 comments:

  1. Happy hopping :)

    I have been trying to read one book at a time this year. Success rate is about 75%.

    Mad Scientist
    Steampunkery & Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Hopping by and now following, too. I'm looking forward to reading your posts.

    I see you have a huge love for libraries - I do too! I'm on the way to completing a masters in library and information science.

    Take care & happy reading,
    Ms c
    http://www.coffeetalereviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coming through on the blog hop.

    I have no problem reading two books at a time though it does not happen often. I generally like to finish one and then start anotherr

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not everyone can multi-task and nobody should. When it comes to book sure, I can't read four books simultaneously (or even two, for that matter!) but there are times I'll juggle as many as four books at a time depending on the subject matter, the urgency or more often both.

    The real trick to this is what KINDS of books to juggle. Hop on over to my blog and learn the method behind my madness - http://www.howardshermannet
    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopping through. New follower! I tend to read multiple books, but I don't know if I could handle 8. Wow! I can see how that could be too much.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete