Friday, March 18, 2011

Updated Monthly Themes List

When the idea for this blog first came to me, I knew that in order to give it some structure (as well as to give me something to write about when I wasn't writing reviews) that I would have to base my book choices on a monthly theme. In a previous post I had proposed a tentative list of these themes, but said that it was likely to undergo some changes. I've made a few of these changes and so I'm updating the list accordingly.

  • March: dystopian and post-apocalyptic fiction
  • April: religion and faith
  • May: novels of the ’60s and ’70s
  • June: biography
  • July: books on the big screen
  • August: science
  • September: banned books
  • October: horror
  • November: politics
  • December: children’s/YA literature
  • January: philosophy
  • February: science fiction
-Gabe

2 comments:

  1. That's amazing that you can read such a wide variety. I would be bored by the end of March seems how I am not big on the dystopian genre:) Good luck with your themes and I hope that you come across some terrific books. I can't wait till July and December. Those are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the follow, Jamie!

    Yeah, I think after this month I'm going to take a very looooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnng break from dystopian and post-apocalyptic fiction. I love it, I really do, but after this I'll be taking it in much smaller doses.

    ReplyDelete