Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Wow...Just...Wow

I just saw that Neil Gaiman had tweeted about this, saying "If you ever have dreams of being a writer, please trust me & DON'T DO THIS...Just don't. Just...don't."

If you're puzzled by what he means, take a look at the comments under this review. The author of the book being reviewed goes absolutely ape-shit on the reviewer. Several times. Seriously, she lashes out at pretty much anyone who comments on the review. It's...well, go see for yourself.

-Gabe

9 comments:

  1. I saw this link on John Scalzi's blog yesterday -- made my jaw drop open (but, of course, had to read all the comments....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. It was like a train wreck. I wanted to look away but I just couldn't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. O.o Wow. Lady needs to take a few chill pills. Would you mind if I put this on my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go ahead. I got it from someone else, so I don't see why you shouldn't do the same. Besides, I think anyone who is thinking of ever publishing a book should see this. This is NOT the way you act when someone gives you a bad review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice labeling btw. Isn't that a little strong for you? :D haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, it's funny. In the real world, I swear like a sailor. For some reason (and I guess it's mostly because, not knowing who my readers are and what their beliefs are, I don't want to offend people) I've been keeping that part of me in check as much as I can on my blog. Occasionally it pokes through, though. And I really couldn't think of a more apt way to express my thoughts on this woman's behavior.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe the Author went so off the rails. I doubt her career will ever be more than it is now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess it's a good thing for her that she's self-published. Any publisher who saw that would drop her like a hot potato. Now I don't think she'll ever find one.

    ReplyDelete