Thursday, May 5, 2011

30 Day Book Challenge: Day Eighteen (prescheduled)

So Many Books, So Little Time is hosting the 30 Day Book Challenge. Each day for 30 days I'll be answering one question about books.

Day Eighteen: A book you have that belongs to someone else

I tutored ancient Greek this year for one of my favorite professors. One of the students I tutored, John, has similar tastes and thought that I would like this book:


It's called Supernatural: Meetings with the Ancient Teachers of Mankind and it's apparently chock-full of pseudohistorical, New Age-y goodness. I say "apparently" because even though he lent it to me last semester, I still haven't gotten around to reading it yet. It's a huge book and I want to be able to enjoy it fully. I love books that are so full of crap that it's leaking out of the pages (it's why I actually enjoy reading Dan Brown) and I have a feeling that this book is one that I'm going to want to savor.

He'll eventually get it back. Eventually.

-Gabe

No comments:

Post a Comment