Friday, May 13, 2011

30 Day Book Challenge: Day Twenty-Six

So Many Books, So Little Time is hosting the 30 Day Book Challenge. Each day for 30 days I'll be answering one question about books.

Day Twenty-Six: A book you honestly read in one sitting

Those of you who follow my blog on a regular basis are probably going to be shocked by my answer to this question. It's a book that I hate and that I've bashed a few times on this blog, but it is still a book that I read in one sitting. It took me only a few hours (maybe three or four) to read and the only time I put the book down was to go for a cigarette break. To this day I can't explain how I managed it in such a short span of time. I think it was mostly that I had promised my friend that I would read it but I wanted to get done with it because it was just that bad. It's sort of like when someone cooks you dinner and they think it turned out great and you don't have the heart to tell them otherwise, so you bolt it all down in one bite. The book I'm talking about is:


I've only read the first book and I've never had any urge to read the others. In fact, the idea makes me want to stab myself with a fork. But it was such an easy read that it didn't take long to get through and in this case that's not a compliment. So there. I've admitted it. We can move on with our lives.

I'm sure there are others that I've read in one sitting (I know that there were a few Discworld books but I can't remember which ones) but this is, as far as I know, the most recent and that was a few years ago. With my busy schedule the last five or six years it's been really hard for me to just sit down and read for long periods of time. Most of the books I read, even the shorter ones, have been spread over a few days. Now that I have a bit more time on my hands I've been able to get through books quicker, so if this question comes up again in the future, hopefully I'll have a much better answer.

-Gabe

No comments:

Post a Comment