Sunday, May 1, 2011

Okay, I Lied...

So, I had said that I wasn't going to post again before I left, but I had to brag about my trip to the book sale. For $5.75 I acquired the following novels:

-The Club Dumas by Arturo Perez-Reverte
-The Crimson Petal and the White by Michael Faber
-The Dante Club by Matthew Pearl
-Heyday by Kurt Andersen
-The House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer
-The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury
-Perfume: The Story of a Murderer by Patrick Suskind 
-The Rising Sun by Douglas Galbraith
-Straight Man by Richard Russo
-The Strange Affair of Spring Heeled Jack by Mark Hadden
-A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini

-Gabe

3 comments:

  1. Great haul! I loved A Thousand Splendid Suns and The Dante Club.

    Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'll try. I'm just hoping we don't have tornado issues while we're down there.

    Also, the acquisition of new books continued: one of the international students on campus came in with some books that he was trying to get rid of because he couldn't figure out how to get them back to his home country. I figured they'd be textbooks or things that he just hadn't liked very much. Turns out that it was the entire classic Dune series, the ones written by Frank Herbert and not by his son. That brings my total of new books today up to sixteen (I didn't take the first Dune novel because I already own it). It's like book Christmas today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is an incredible trip!!

    ReplyDelete