Monday, May 9, 2011

New Challenge!


As if I didn't already have enough going here at Gabriel Reads, I've decided to pick up a new challenge. It's hosted by Two Bibliomaniacs and it's called the Books to Movies Challenge. It's exactly what it sounds like. Between June 1st and December 31st, I'm challenging myself to read 8 books and then watch the 8 movies based off of those books (the "Oscar Buzz" level).

I've got a little under a month to plan which books I'll be reading for this challenge, but I'm really looking forward to it. One of the monthly themes that I planned before I completely gave up on those was "Books on Screen" and I had decided to do pretty much the same thing as this challenge, just in the much shorter span of a month.

Click on the link above if you're interested in getting in on the challenge.

-Gabe

7 comments:

  1. thats a good challenge, i just can't read a book then go see the movie, or is it can't see the movie then read the book, lol. any how, i have three book giveaways, stop by to see if any interest you and sign up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find that if I see the movie first, I tend to like it better than the book (Chocolat, Stardust, etc.).

    The book that I just won from you came in the other day so if you're still interested in doing that reading circle thing, I'm in as long as I have advanced notice so that I know when to schedule it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 8 books and movies in six months isn't too bad. If I love the book then I usually don't want to see the film.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good challenge, I might have to go enter it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen: This reminds me of Timeline. I saw the trailer for the film and thought it looked kind of cool and then I found out that it was a book. So I read the book and loved (despite being by Michael Crichton). The film, which I paid to go see, was an absolute travesty. I really wanted to demand that time and money back but I knew it wouldn't do any good.

    Kayleigh: If you do, I look forward to seeing what books you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to have you on board! Can't wait to see what books/movies you choose!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the follow!

    I've already got a few books in mind, but I'm sure I'll change the list a million times over in the next six months. Thanks for hosting such a great challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete