Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Obligatory Tuesday Post

The transmission in my car blew two weeks ago so I've been sharing a car with my mother. This necessitates that I take her to work. She works in the morning...I work at night. Needless to say, there are days that I'm running on ridiculously low amounts of sleep. Yesterday was one of those days.

As I never really lie about books, there's not much that I can contribute to this week's Top Ten Tuesday, but I just got my 65th follower, so I didn't want to NOT post something. I've never missed a day yet and I don't intend to. So, today I'm giving you guys a sneak peak of next month's reading list. Obviously this is tentative, but I'm hoping to get through all of them.

In no particular order, June's reading list:

-Whichever book gets the most votes in my current poll (if you haven't voted yet, there's still time)
-Imajica by Clive Barker
-Dead Man Rising by Lilith Saintcrow
-Possession by A.S. Byatt
-The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain
-Revelation Space by Alastair Reynolds
-The Devil's Right Hand by Lilith Saintcrow
-A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
-Death: A Life by George Pendle
-Saint City Sinners by Lilith Saintcrow
-Tess of the D'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy
-Fragile Things by Neil Gaiman
-To Hell and Back by Lilith Saintcrow
-Out of the Silent Planet by C.S. Lewis
-Incarceron by Catherine Fisher

Extra Books (in case I finish all of these before the end of the month):
-Judas: A Biography by Susan Gubar
-Alias: Shadowed by Elizabeth Skurnick
-Straight Man by Richard Russo
-Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris

I'm also thinking about doing some sort of giveaway prize-thing for the "Books I Should Have Read By Now" Challenge that I'm hosting (if you have books collecting dust on your shelves, this is the challenge for you). No promises obviously, but I'm curious as to what people would be more interested in: a gift card in some sort of reasonable denomination for a bookstore OR a book or two (either preread or new)? There's time to think about it, but if you have a preference I'd love to hear it.

If anyone has any advice to give about giveaways (or challenges in general), I'm always open to hearing it.

Hope you guys have a great Tuesday! I should have a review for you tomorrow.

-Gabe

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how you manage to write a list of the books you plan to read each month! I just pick up whichever one takes my fancy when I walk past the bookcase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my main reason for doing it is because I have so many sources of books. As a library supervisor, I seem to not be able to pass a shelf without finding a book I want to read...and I pass a lot of shelves. I also have recommendations, challenges, and a huge list of books that I own that I haven't read.

    Plus, it's still a shock to me that I've been so disciplined with this blog. It's been over two months now and I'm still plugging away. I like to think that part of it is because I try to keep myself on track. It's not that I'm ADD, I just have a LOT of interests and I'm known to flit from one to the other--a little reading here, a little novel-writing there, random theater production, unassigned research project. So, knowing that I have a sort of "syllabus" for my blog is helpful.

    ReplyDelete