Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Wild Card Wednesdays: Because the World Needs More Memes

I've had the name "Wild Card Wednesdays" rattling around in my head for quite a while now, I just couldn't seem to find a concept to attach it to. That's all changed. Today I'm introducing a new meme:


This is how it works. Every Wednesday I'll put up a prompt, but it won't be like the prompts you've seen before. Wildcard Wednesday requires bloggers to use their imaginations, to take what they read and use it in a new and unique way.

This week's prompt is: What would your boggart be and how would you defeat it?

My answer: Thanks to my dad, I have an insane, innate fear of nuclear war. It all stems from when I was about two or three years old and he watched The Day After while I was in the room. It scarred my young brain for life. So, my boggart would probably be a mushroom cloud.


As the way to get rid of a boggart is to laugh at it, the only way I could think of to make a mushroom cloud funny is to turn it into this:


I'm really curious to see a) how many people jump on board today and b) what all of their answers would be. If you're interested in joining in on Wild Card Wednesdays, just grab the image above, answer the prompt, and add your link to the linky. Please link to the actual post that you create.

-Gabe




12 comments:

  1. I'll definitely take part in later weeks because it sounds like it'll be a great meme, but I honestly can't think of an answer to this week's prompt. Everytime I read book 3 I wonder what it'd become for me and what I'd turn it into to make me laugh and I get nothing!! I'll look forward to reading what everyone else says though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was the first question that popped into my mind when I was at work today, but I've already got next week's planned and I can't wait to read your answer.

    Great idea about the HP Countdown, by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does look fun. I'm stuck too, for layers, yes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laters, iPad changing text again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that you'll be able to participate next week. I'm curious as to what you both will say.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea. I was going to join in but I've been having problems with blogger all week.

    I can understand your fear of nuclear war too. It's terrifying. My dad had us watch a film that scared the living daylights out of me too.

    I thought of triffids for mine as all my other fears aren't really visible. Not sure what I would turn it into though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that's such a good idea. Man...I'm totally drawing a blank though. I'll get back to you on this...hmn....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen: Bloggers just having all sorts of issues lately. I'm not going to complain too much, as I like it a lot better than Wordpress, but I can't say that I don't wish they'd get everything together.

    It's a scary thing. I've since been able to "face my fear" (so to speak) by getting into science fiction, which uses nukes like nobodies business. I think that it was just that at such a young age, seeing people melt and hearing those godawful sirens was too much for a toddler's brain. It still scares the crap out of me, but not so much that I'm not able to watch things like Jericho (which was cancelled way too soon in my mind).

    Nonners: I think everyone was. I've posted the prompt for next week already in the "Extras" tab if you want a head start. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't click on your extras tab. It just wont let me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's exceedingly strange. I'm able to click on it, but maybe that's just because it's my blog. Blogger's been having some weird issues lately (case in point, I can't see my followers list at the moment) so maybe it's part of whatever's going on with them?

    In case you can't click on it at all this week, here's next week's question:

    Pick one of your favorite characters and one of your lease favorite characters. Now pretend they're going on a road trip. What's the destination and how do they interact?

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a fantastic prompt Gabe, I'm going to need all week to think that one out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I'm going to post the prompt a week ahead of time, considering that they're so time-consuming. I kind of just jumped in without thinking it all through. In fact, I might post the prompt at the top of my blog for the whole week. It might make it easier for people.

    ReplyDelete