Monday, May 9, 2011

It's Monday; What Are You Reading?

It's Monday once again. Last week I was on vacation so I wasn't able to participate in It's Monday! What Are You Reading?, hosted by Sheila at Book Journey, and I have to say that I missed it.

Every Monday, book bloggers take stock of what they've read the previous week, what they are currently reading and what they are planning on reading.

Last week was, as you probably know, Villain Week, due to my being out-of-state for a few days. I did not, however, stop reading during my vacation and managed to get through three books. I was hoping to get through five but I ended up driving for most of the trip, which amounted to approximately 1800 miles in three days. For having been in a car most of the week, I'd say three books is pretty darn good.

What I Read Last Week: 


-A Walk in the Woods: Rediscovering American on the Appalachian Trail by Bill Bryson












-The Complaints by Ian Rankin
(Review to be posted at 10 AM Tuesday)












-Numb by Sean Ferrell
(Review to be posted at 10 AM Wednesday)













What I'm Currently Reading:


-Cosí Fan Tuttì by Michael Dibdin













What I'm Reading This Week:


-Barrel Fever by David Sedaris













-The Iliad by Homer (books 1-12 for A Literary Odyssey's read-along)













-Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen













-Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith












-The Engines of God by Jack McDevitt












-Gabe

14 comments:

  1. I shall look into last week's book more closely. I adore Pride & Prejudice and I am also a huge fan of The Iliad. Enjoy your books and have a wonderful week. My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/05/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-38.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I love cross country trips, and especially because of the extra reading you get in. And wow! Villain week sounds really cool! I'll have to check it out for next time.

    Hope you have a fabulous reading week and if you get a second stop my to see what I've been reading at There's A Book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you have a fantastic week lined up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer: Thanks, you too!

    The1stDaughter: I would have loved this trip even more if I hadn't had to deal with construction the whole way. I love the idea of your blog.

    Jules: I'm just hoping that I can get through all of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good list. The Bill Bryson is on my tr list. I read his autobiography last year which I thought was fantastic. Since been told that this one is his best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are some great covers in your list this week. My list this week is inflated with picture books that I read with my daughter and manga that I read over my morning coffee. Come see what I'm reading this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen: Can't wait to read your review after you read it. I'm definitely going to be checking out more of his books, although I'm hoping that they're all as good as this one was.

    pussreboots: Congrats on being Sheila's pick this week! I hadn't even noticed how cool the covers looked until you said something, but they do look great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oops, sorry, Puss. I meant last week's pick. I'm still a little thrown off because of missing last week. Either way, congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, looks like some great reading behind and ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look at all the great reads you have here! Awesome! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Sheila!

    You know, it's funny, anytime you comment on my blog it's almost like a celebrity's visiting. :) Mondays are a bit more enjoyable thanks to you.

    Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so far behind on The Iliad...just had a really busy week and ended up having to speed read my book group read for tonight. I will have to recap on villain week when I get a spare few minutes :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think three books is a great week no matter what! I'm not a super fast reader, I usually aim for one a week :)

    I plan to read Pride & Prejudice later this year, it'll be my first time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ellie: I haven't started yet. I'll sneak it in at some point. I'm only going to read up to what she's going to be posting so I won't go past book 12 until after she's posted about the first half of the book.

    Crystal: Pride and Prejudice is one of my favorite books. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete