Sunday, May 29, 2011

In Which I'm Taking a (Short) Breather

Hey guys,

So, I just read three books in two days and have posted their reviews already. While I'm in the middle of Working for the Devil, I decided to take Saturday off and veg and watch an Alias marathon. That means no review this morning or, really, any substantial content. Have no fear, though, I'll be finishing up my current read today and will have a review posted Monday.

I apologize for the shoddy post this morning but, frankly, I needed a break from reading and it's been a while since I've watched Jennifer Garner kick ass and take names in tiny, shiny outfits. :)

Just as a reminder, Wednesday is Wild Card Wednesday and the prompt is in the upper left corner of my blog. That gives you a few days to prepare your answer. I decided this was better then just throwing it at you Wednesday morning. I learned last Wednesday that that wasn't such a good idea.

Hope you all are having a great weekend!

-Gabe

6 comments:

  1. tiny, shiny outfits... Do you like to sew and bake as well?? :]

    Well, I must say I'm not as consistent a blogger as you and I still feel the need for a break. You deserve a time off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I'm not sure what sewing and baking have to do with enjoying the sight of a hot chick in tight pants beat people up. :)

    I ended up making it a two day break. I may even stretch it to three. I'm putting together my book list for this coming week and I think I can still squeeze everything in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I've always found that "men", and I use that word loosely, only pay attention to women's apparel when they are very much in touch with their feminine side or sleazy. I see in your case, now that you have answered so openly, that it can only be one sided. :] Please do not think this means I think badly of you. I just think you answered to quickly. :]

    I can't wait to read your up coming reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And now that I've read over my comment I see that I wasn't as clear as I wanted to be. I just meant that men are usually paying attention for one reason or another.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nope, you made perfect sense. I'll admit that, like most guys, I *do* pay attention to what women wear because, frankly, I like looking at women. :) Obviously I respect them and don't treat them like objects, but, as I've said before, I'm only human. I don't appreciate women dressing inappropriately in public (I'm pretty sure it was your blog that I mentioned this on), but, for me, TV is a different story. It's mindless entertainment; I'm not looking for a wife or anything. :)

    Also, I've made no secret of my sexuality, although I haven't gone blabbing on about it either, but I have no trouble saying that I enjoy watching hot men in suits beat people up, too. Alias has equal opportunity eye-candy. LOL

    So, long story short, I guess, in a way, it's sort of both. Maybe. I don't know. It's 800 degrees in my apartment so I'm kind of tired and dumb right now. Need. Air. Conditioning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...

    :]

    ...

    Okay...

    I'm not going to say anything else for fear of digging up something about you I don't want to know.

    All in good fun...

    ReplyDelete