Friday, June 3, 2011

Book Blogger Hop!

It's Friday, which would be awesome for me if not for the fact that I have to work 10 hours today. This means, of course, that I have ample time to read and blog, so I'm going to make up for this morning's craptastic post.

Friday means the Book Blogger Hop, hosted by Jennifer at Crazy for Books. Every week, Jennifer asks a question and hundreds of book bloggers link to their own post answering that question. It's a great way to connect with other bloggers who have similar (or divergent) interests.

This week's question is: Share your favorite post from the last month and tell us why it's close to your heart.

My answer: My favorite post from this past month is a relatively recent one--as in, it was posted two days ago. The post I'm talking about is this one, the second occurrence of my brand-spankin' new meme, Wild Card Wednesday.

This is more than just a shameless plug (although I do encourage everyone to participate next week). That post was so much fun to write and the other participants' posts were just as much fun to read. As a writer of fiction and a blogger, I feel like the two rarely ever coincide. My stockpile of unfinished novels and the posts that I do for this blog are mutually exclusive; fiction vs. non-fiction, creative vs. realistic. Any time when I get to blend the two is cause for celebration.

That's actually part of the reason why I started this meme. I know there are many other bloggers out there who like to be creative but may find that it's hard for them to juggle reading, blogging, and creative writing. Wild Card Wednesdays allows us to be creative without putting our blogs on hold.

-Gabe

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could read and blog at work! I can do a little at lunchtime and in rare moments of downtime when NOTHING works, but mostly work gets in the way of blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy being creative. so i must partake of your wild card wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of Wild Card Wednesday! I might have to participate next week! I also enjoyed your story with Mrs. Bennett!

    Somer @ A Bird's Eye Review

    ReplyDelete