Friday, June 3, 2011

Le Blog en Rose

Bonjour, mes amis!

I have to say thank you to Ellie at Curiosity Killed the Bookworm for bringing to my attention a really great way to spend July--blogging about France. Alors, merci beaucoup!

What, exactly, am I babbling in a foreign language about? This: Paris in July, hosted by Karen from BookBath and Tamara from Thyme for Tea. Basically, for the month of July, participating bloggers will spend time reading books, watching films, listening to music, eating food, etc., all with a French theme, and then blogging about it. As someone who has studied French since the 6th grade, this sounds like a really great idea and I'm so on board with it that it's not even funny.

Obviously I won't be blogging only about Francophone culture in the month of July, so those of you who aren't interested in or hate anything French, don't worry, you won't be left out in the cold. While I haven't figured out exactly what I'm going to do for the month yet (July is still weeks away), I do have some ideas. These include reading Victor Hugo's Les Miserables, reviewing a couple of French films, and introducing my readers to some amazing French singer/songwriters. I'll also be posting a feature called "Trent-et-Un Mots" or "Thirty-One Words." Every day for the month of July I'll be posting words, phrases, and sentences in French that you can use.

If you're interested in joining in, go check out BookBath and sign up!

-Gabe

7 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I have a pretty rich French heritage so these should be fun to read :] As always, can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like it will be extremely fun to read! Vive la France! You could share some French cuisine or wine to go along with your book reviews :0)

    -Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate the French for their 19th century political stupidity, but due to their morbid curiosity of their deadly displays in the morgue, all is forgiven. I'm really excited about this. You should do a post on perfume review since it's so French. Just saying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know absolutely no French music so I'm very curious about your selections! And the French phrases idea is very unique. I look forward to reading your Paris In July posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her Royal Orangeness: I look forward to writing them. :) I just hope I don't bore anyone with my semi-obsessiveness. I have quite a lot of music to suggest; I hope you like them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So where are these words and where is the music? Besides Edith Piaf and Andre Greton, Charles Aznevour, there is Lhasa. her 2nd cd is the one with the most French songs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My computer charger died around the same time that my source of internet moved away so either way I won't be able to post on a regular basis for a little while. That's why I decided to give up on the idea of posting a word or phrase a day.

    As for music, I have two posts up so far with videos and lyrics to some of my favorite French tunes: "Allo Paris" by Mano Solo and "Diane de Poitiers" by Thomas Fersen.

    ReplyDelete