Friday, June 17, 2011

Read-a-Thon Report #1

First of all, give us an end-of-day status update. Books read, pages read, you know the drill!


Today (so far) I've read only one book, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain, which was 318 pages. I've also read the first 20-some pages of Neil Gaiman's Fragile Things, which I'm hoping to be at least half done with by the time I finally go to sleep tonight.

What is the favorite thing you have read today?



As I've only read one full book, I'm going to pick my favorite chapter, which is "Pirates at Their Own Funeral."

Which mini-challenge was your favorite?



I really liked the wordle, but I was also a fan of creating the 100 word short story.

What has been your favorite thing about the read-a-thon?



Everything. I love having an excuse to do nothing but read all day and I love the fact that there are others out there who are doing the same.

What has been your LEAST favorite thing about the read-a-thon?



I can't say there was any part of it that I didn't like today.

Are you on track to meet your goals?



Not at all, and I'm okay with that. I set myself the goal of four books at the most, but I'll be okay if I get through two.

Will you be participating tomorrow? Do you have any new goals?



I'll definitely be participating tomorrow. I'm keeping the same goal as before, but I won't feel too disheartened if I don't reach it. 


-Gabe

3 comments:

  1. Have you read Gaiman before? I haven't, but I have Neverwhere sitting on my TBR shelf. Curious what you think of Fragile Things!

    Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. JP: Gaiman is my favorite contemporary author. I haven't read everything he's written, but I'm getting there. Neverwhere is an amazing novel, full of the dark humor and wonder that Gaiman is so good at writing. I highly recommend it.

    I'm liking Fragile Things so far, but I still have a ways to go so we'll see.

    ReplyDelete