Saturday, June 18, 2011

Read-a-Thon Update!

Only two more hours to go in the read-a-thon. I think I'm going to just miss my (reassessed) goal of reading three books, but I may be able to pull it off still.

Current Read:

















Total Books Read: 2
Total Pages Read: 722
Books Read Since Last Update: 0
Pages Read Since Last Update: 33
Total Read Time: 19 hours 15 minutes (I took an hour break at 7)
How I'm Currently Feeling: Hopeful that I'll meet my goal (but not TOO hopeful).

Read-a-Thon Mini-Challenge:

I've answered the question of which book world I'd love to live in several times and I always try to think of a different answer. This time I'm going to say that I wouldn't mind visiting (although not necessary living in) the world of Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn. The idea of all of that open country and the simplicity of life back then (technologically speaking, of course; no one is ever going to say that life was easy without modern amenities and suchlike) just seems so tempting every so often. I couldn't live there long-term (I like the internet and driving far too much) but to visit every so often would be kind of a treat (if I could deal with the racism, homophobia, ignorance, and excessive religiosity). Maybe I just wouldn't talk to anyone.

-Gabe

No comments:

Post a Comment