Friday, June 17, 2011

Read-A-Thon Starting Line

Good morning!

Today and tomorrow I will be participating in the Spring into Summer Read-A-Thon, hosted by Squeaky Books. It started at 8:00 this morning, but I decided to sleep in a little, so I'm just joining in now.


What do you hope to read during the Read-a-Thon?
I have four books that I'm planning on reading (in no particular order).
*The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain
*Out of the Silent Planet by C.S. Lewis
*Fragile Things by Neil Gaiman
*A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess

What book are you starting with?
The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain.

I hope to read
for most of the weekend. I have a few small things that I have to do here and there, but I'd like to be reading continuously otherwise.

Where are you going to read?
In my apartment mostly, although I'll be going outside onto my porch for frequent cigarette breaks as well.

What will you include in your updates?
-Hours read _____
-Pages read _____
-Books read _____
-Current mood _____
-Whatever else I feel like saying

Good luck to everyone participating!

-Gabe

4 comments:

  1. I always think a read-a-thon sounds fun, but then it turns out each one I see is on a weekend I'm working (which definitely cuts into my reading time). You've got an interesting mix with these four selections.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I might have to organise my own readthon with hours to suit me! I've only just got in from work and wouldn't last very long on this one. Good luck though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep thinking I should have put some Gaiman on my list ... maybe I'll pull out The Anansi Boys and read it! Great list of books! Good luck in the readathon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo: I was really lucky that this one fell on this weekend. I don't have anything to do for once.

    Ellie: Thanks! I had to work during the last read-a-thon I wanted to join in on; I'm just glad I don't have to work during the weekends this summer.

    Julie: I'm a broken record when it comes to Gaiman. He's my favorite contemporary author and couldn't come more highly recommended. Anansi Boys is a great book, although I would suggest reading American Gods as well. You don't have to read American Gods first, but Anansi Boys is a companion novel to it.

    ReplyDelete