Sunday, June 19, 2011

It's Monday; What Are You Reading?

I'm back to doing It's Monday! What Are You Reading? now that I've actually read some books this past week. The week before I had literally read nothing so it seemed sort of a waste of people's time to throw my link in. They'd get here and be like, "Wow, this guy read nothing. How exciting."

Anyway, this weekly meme is hosted by the lovely Sheila at Book Journey. Each Monday book bloggers show off what they've read, what they're currently reading, and what they're planning on reading in the coming week.

What I Read Last Week:
-Death: A Life by George Pendle
-Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers by Mary Roach
-The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain
-Fragile Things by Neil Gaiman (review posted Tuesday)
-Out of the Silent Planet by C.S. Lewis (review posted Wednesday)
-A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess (review posted Thursday)

What I'm Currently Reading:
-The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
-Imajica by Clive Barker

What I'm Reading This Week:
-Tess of the D'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy
-Incarceron by Catherine Fisher
-Possession by A.S. Byatt
-Revelation Space by Alastair Reynolds

This week I should also be posting my tentative reading list for July as well as posting the next poll as to which book should be added to that reading list. Once again I'm having you guys vote on one of the titles that was suggested to me in May (see this post). This month's winner, The Book Thief is incredible and I have you guys to thank for my reading it. I haven't figured out which four you'll be choosing between, but you'll know in the next few days.

EDIT: I had completely forgotten to list A Clockwork Orange, which I read on Sunday. I read so much last week that my brain apparently fried. :)

-Gabe

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful week and another lined-up. Happy reading and have a great week.
    My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/06/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-44.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been meaning to read The Book Thief, it sounds like such an amazing story and I even started it a while back, but I borrowed it from the library and didn't have time to read it because of school...so I never finished it. I really hope you're enjoying it though because it seems like a fantastic story. :) And I hope you like Incareron if you get to it this week, that one's been on my to-read list for a while too! :D

    Hope you have an awesome week! Happy Reading! :D
    Ambur
    My "It's Monday, What Are You Reading?" Post

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Book Thief is one of my all-time favorites...I hope you're enjoying it! Also, anything by Byatt is always a good choice :)

    Happy reading and here's my Monday:
    http://bit.ly/jpxXK3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ambur: The Book Thief is really good so far, although I think Death, the narrator, needs to learn the meaning of the words "spoiler alert." :) I'm looking forward to reading Incarceron as well; I've heard great things about it.

    Kat P: My friend Christa suggested the Byatt novel. It sounds really good. As for The Book Thief, it might just end up on my list of favorites as well. Maybe not top ten, but definitely in the upper echelon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the Adventures of Tom Sawyer. Have always meant to read more of Twain. Actually the first part of his biography was recently published. It's massive but looks interesting.

    Have always meant to read Possession too. I read the Children's Books by the same author and loved it.

    Glad you are enjoying the Book Thief. Hope you enjoy Revelation Space too. Alistair Reynolds is one of my favourite science fiction writers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read Stiff a few years ago, right after I'd first moved to the bay area. It was being talked about all the time on the radio back then.

    This was a rare week for me in that I finished a lot of review books. Come see what I finished.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to re-read the classics, isn't it!!!!

    Dollycas
    http://dollycas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you're enjoying The Book Thief! I keep thinking I should read something by A.S. Byatt before I get round to Ragnarok so I can compare her style with what she's applied to the myth, but I don't think I have time. Argh...I seriously need to win the lottery and retire before 30 :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Book Thief has pique my interest and is on my list, but its one long list i have accumulated.
    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karen: I heard about his bio but I haven't yet decided if it's something I'd like to read or not. I hadn't heard of Reynolds before but the book sounded too good to pass up.

    pussreboots: I really liked Stiff. I'm looking forward to reading more by her.

    dollycas aka Lori: Or to read them for the first time. I love discovering "new" classics.

    Ellie: I loved it more than words could possibly say. One of the most moving books I've ever read. I agree about the lottery. Or at least some sort of windfall.

    Sidne: I highly recommend reading it, although I feel your pain about long reading lists.

    ReplyDelete