Friday, June 17, 2011

Read-a-Thon Update

Current Read:

















Hours Read: 3
Pages Read: 109
Books Read: 0
Current Mood: Content

I'm loving Tom Sawyer so far. I read Huckleberry Finn in high school and kept telling myself I was going to read the rest of Twain's novels, but for some reason I just didn't get around to it. The copy I'm reading used to belong to my mom, which is evident because she wrote her name and the name of some guy she liked at the time in big bubble letters on the title page. (She still does things like that to this day. It drives me insane.)

Anyway, as I've been reading this book I started thinking about my own childhood and about how my friends and I used to ride bikes or go exploring at the creek or a million other things that kids get amusement from. It made me kind of nostalgic for the days of swimming or playing tag on the playground (girls vs. boys, obviously). What are some of your favorite childhood memories?

Read-a-Thon Mini-Challenge:
-Create a wordle for your blog

Wordle: Gabriel Reads

1 comment:

  1. Such a cool Wordle! Look at the biggest words: Book, Read, Books, Reviews ... definitely a book blog! :) Tom Sawyer does make me nostalgic, especially as a transplanted to the city country girl. My kids grew up in the city, so many of their experiences will be so different from mine!

    ReplyDelete