Monday, June 6, 2011

It's Monday; What Are You Reading?


It's Monday and that means it's time for a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. "It's Monday! What Are You Reading?" is a chance for book bloggers to share what they've been reading, what they are reading, and what they will be reading, as well as any other tidbits they'd like to share.

For once in the history of my blog, I didn't actually read anything last week. I took a week-long reading break, although I kept blogging as usual. Therefore, I'll only be sharing my current read and what I'm planning for this coming week.

What I'm Currently Reading: 
-Imajica by Clive Barker (reread)

What I'm Reading This Week: 
-Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers by Mary Roach
-Incarceron by Catherine Fisher

I know it's a pretty short list, but Imajica is over 800 pages long and is going to take me several days to finish. I've still got a pretty decent list of books left to read this month and I've signed up to do a read-a-thon during which I'm planning to read four books, so you'll still get plenty of reviews from me in June.

What are you guys all reading?

-Gabe

7 comments:

  1. Good luck with the readathon. I enjoyed taking part last time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had a pathetic reading week, can't concentrate on anything at the mo. A lovely blogger did a swap with me so I could get Stiff but it's still lurkin gon my shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes we need those weeks.... enjoy your reading this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read Stiff three or four years ago. Incarceron is on my wishlist.

    Summer school begins for me so my reading for fun will take second place to reading for homework. So my reading for fun will have to take second place to reading for school. Come see what I finished in my last week of vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At the moment, I'm trying to finish up "The Sufi Orders in Islam" by J. Spencer Trimingham, though I won't lie, it is a toughie. The problem is the language is heavy and the names, like War and Peace, tend to blend into each other after a while. Though if anyone is interested in Sufism, I recommend giving it a go. Best. Overview. Ever.
    MA

    ReplyDelete
  6. MA: I just remembered that I was supposed to proof-read your paper! I'm such a dickhead sometimes it's not even funny. Gah! Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahah!! You are BUSY. It is totally fine. Just read it this week, and that way I can get a final draft done to turn in before the 30th. And you don't need to do grammar right now, just content- the outline I sent was simply just so show you what my original intentions for the project was.
    Ma

    ReplyDelete