Friday, June 24, 2011

*Insert Sheepish Explanation Here*

So, this space right here? Yeah, it was supposed to contain a review of Anthony Burgess' A Clockwork Orange which I reread, um, five days ago. What does it contain instead? My reasons for why it doesn't contain the aforementioned review.

1) I just spent literally all of yesterday running around trying to pay bills and start the process of acquiring a new car. I left my apartment at around 10 AM on Thursday and didn't get back home until 11 PM. There is good news to report, though. My electric bill is paid, as is my car payment, and my insurance company is willing to take me back even though they cancelled my policy because of my non-payment of last month's bill (damn poverty). The guy that I got my current P.O.S. car from is willing to trade it in for a new car...as long as I can get a loan. With my credit, it might not happen, but we'll see. On a bad note, I found out that it's not my transmission (which is good, obviously), but my CV joints and a few other things that for some strange reason didn't get fixed the last time I had my car in the shop...despite the fact that those problems were probably present at the time and I spent $3,000 dollars to get it fixed. Yeah, not happy. Personal rant over. Just...think happy thoughts that I can get this new(er) car.

2) I read A Clockwork Orange for the Books to Movies Challenge that Two Bibliomaniacs is hosting and it just dawned on me last night that I haven't yet re-watched the film in order to review that as well. I have the day off today and, after yesterday's marathon driving-fest, I'm determined not to leave my house unless I absolutely have to. I'll be watching the film then and will (hopefully) have a review of the book and film up on Saturday and Sunday.

3) I'm still not very far into Tess of the D'Urbervilles and I want to get at least halfway done with it before I post my reviews of ACO and The Book Thief.

So, there you have it. A slice of my life and a few reasons why I slacked off last night. I should have my Book Blogger Hop post up later today. Also, you still have until just before midnight on Saturday to add your Wild Card Wednesday post if you so choose.

-Gabe

No comments:

Post a Comment